Penny Milner-Smyth – Workplace Ethics, Organisation Behaviour and Human Resource Management Specialist
Penny weaves the three distinct strands of her career into Ethicalways’ advisory and training services: over 25 years as a senior in-house human resources leader, a decades-long specialisation in the creation of ethical workplace environments, and an academic background in neuropsychology.The result: evidence-based inputs and outputs proven through past application.
QUALIFICATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- MA Research Psychology, University of KwaZulu-Natal (1987)
- Master HR Practitioner, South African Board for People Practices (2000 – )
- Member, The Ethics Institute, South Africa (2005 – )
- Member, Business Ethics Network Africa (2010 – )
- Trustee and Board Member, Ethics Institute of Zimbabwe (2018 – )
“Penny’s insight into human nature is phenomenal and she succeeds in getting people to leave their comfort zones willingly.”Kobus van WykCEO at ADESSA
Publications and appearances
A regular speaker and writer on topics at the intersection of employee engagement and workplace ethics, Penny is the principal author of the International Compliance Association’s Certificate in Anti Corruption.
Learn more about Penny here and about the ICA and the Certificate in Anti Corruption here. See her full presentation on ethics and anti-corruption in remuneration, ‘New Peril in the Practice of Pay’, here.
Some of our promo videos
The Ethicalways Blog
Insights at the intersection of ethics and engagement at work